Inventory and Procurement Analyst
Elsa Creative is a young, energetic, female-run company with two distinct brands: Elsa Leigh, and The Darling Effect. We seek to offer a fresh perspective on the products we use and wear daily.
At Elsa Leigh, we design and create beautiful, meaningful jewelry that reminds women of their unique qualities. We want women to feel loved for who they are.
With The Darling Effect, we take the season’s trendiest gift and lifestyle products and give them a ‘darling effect’, enhancing their look and feel.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Elsa Creative is seeking an analytical and detail-oriented Inventory and Procurement Analyst. As a key player in our supply chain management, the IPA will be responsible for forecasting, purchase order management, and inventory control to ensure the smooth flow of product and material within the organization. Their expertise will be crucial in optimizing inventory levels, minimizing costs, and maintaining efficient operations throughout the procurement process.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Utilize historical data, market trends, and other relevant factors to develop accurate demand forecasts for products and materials.
- Collaborate with sales, production, and other departments to gather input and insight to enhance forecasting accuracy.
- Regularly review and update forecasts to adapt to changes in market conditions and business requirements.
- Purchase Order Management:
- Coordinate the procurement process from requisition to purchase order placement, ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods and materials.
- Work closely with suppliers and vendors to negotiate pricing, delivery schedules, and terms of agreements.
- Monitor purchase orders, track their progress, and address any issues that may arise during the procurement cycle.
- Monitor inventory levels and stock movement to ensure optimal inventory turnover and avoid stockouts or overstock situations.
- Implement and maintain inventory control systems to optimize stock levels, minimize carrying costs, and prevent stockouts or excess inventory in conjunction with procurement and sourcing activities.
- Analyze slow-moving or obsolete items and recommend appropriate actions to mitigate inventory write-offs.
- Utilize data analytics tools and techniques to assess procurement and inventory performance, identify trends, and propose improvements.
- Generate reports and insights on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to procurement and inventory to guide decision-making.
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to foster effective communication, resolve issues, and negotiate favorable terms.
- Evaluate supplier performance regularly, providing feedback and addressing any concerns to ensure consistent quality and on-time deliveries.
- Continuously identify opportunities to streamline procurement and inventory management processes.
- Implement best practices to enhance efficiency, reduce lead times, and increase overall operational effectiveness.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure compliance with company policies, industry regulations, and ethical standards in all procurement and inventory-related activities.
- Proactively identify potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them effectively.
Contributes to collective team effort by accomplishing any other related tasks as assigned.
- 3-5 years or equivalent experience (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and implement effective solutions.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel proficiency; analyzing large datasets, creating reports, and developing operational dashboards.
- Familiarity with relevant industry software, systems, and procedures such as ERP, WMS, and EDI, a plus.
- Dependable, communicative, and highly attentive to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
HOW TO APPLY:
HOW TO APPLY: Those interested in the position are asked to email Megan - firstname.lastname@example.org at with a copy of their resume and cover letter.
Thank you in advance to all applicants!